OUR MOVING TIPS:
Consider a Colour Code System/Use Marker Pen.
You may want to consider using coloured labels or else marking your boxes and items with a different colour for each room. This will allow the removal men to place the items in the appropriate room satisfactorily.
Access to and from the doorway of your home is critical; please advise your neighbours in advance that a removal vehicle will be parked outside your home. If parking permits required, this is your responsibility, no removal companies would take this responsibility.
The biggest moving tip is to pack small items in removal boxes. It would not be wise to try and save money by avoiding the purchase of specially made moving boxes, or worse by not using any boxes at all. This is because it can cause damage to your belongings, some of which may not be replaceable.
KEEP THE FOLLOWING SUPPLIES AND ACCESSORIES ON HAND:
- All type of boxes
- Bubble wrap or other cushioning material
- Marking pens
- Tape measure
- Furniture pads or old blankets
- Packing tape and scissors
- Money and credit cards
- Label each box with the room in the new home to which it should be delivered.
- Number the boxes and keep a list of what is in each box.
- Clearly mark fragile items by using marker pen or fragile sealing tape.
- Pack a bag of personal items you’ll need during move. Keep it in an easy-to-find place when you pack.
- Keep a medical kit accessible.
- If you have children, pack a bag of games and activities for the trip.
“Competitive and very reliable.”